Jens Galschiot was born in 1954, in Frederikssund. He is married and has three children. Certified as a construction blacksmith in 1978, he is a self-taught silversmith and sculptor. He settled in Odense in 1973 and opened his 2000 m2 large studio in 1985, which contains a bronze foundry, a workshop, a gallery, and a sculpture park.
Internationally, Galschiot could be characterized as one of the most significant Danish artists of late modernity (after 1980). His artistic production covers a wide field of expression; from jewelry and small dainty figures to gigantic, politically charged sculptures. He is among the best-known Danish artists abroad. His reputation extends from Hong Kong and Mexico, through to Germany, Spain, and U.S.A. Apart from clothing sculptures Jens Galschiot creates international happenings to highlight the present imbalance in the world.
- Short presentation of Jens Galschiot in Portuguese and English (PDF format)
- Jens Galschiot´s CV (short edition)
- Jens Galschiot´s CV (html format)
- Comprehensive CV
- A biography of Jens Galschiot
- Portrait photos of Jens Galschiot here.
- Good photos of Galschiot´s sculptures for postcards here
- All photos from Galschiot’s work before 2015
See more about Jens Galschiøt here.