Presentation of The Children of Abraham
Jens Galschiøt’s art and dialogue project highlights the three monotheistic religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
The art project consists of 4 elements:
- The Fundamentalism sculpture – a monumental art installation in the form of a sculpture which stages the monotheistic religions’ dogmas in 3,5 m. tall letters of copper and steel.
- 600 of the darkest and brightest quotes – from The Torah, The Bible and The Quran – are shown on the Fundamentalism sculpture’s 28 monitors, and are used in the quotation-quiz etc.
- The Pillars of Scriptures – a number of copper sculptures, exhibited separately to compel citizens to join the dialogue.
- The dialogue project – the Secretariat for The Children of Abraham mediates the project and spearheads the dialogue with numerous initiatives.
Concept and documents
- 2012 December: Sample exhibition of 4 letters in the gallery
- 2011 July: Buliding up the letter N
- 2011 February: Casting the books in wax
- 2010 June: Samples of the books
- 2010 December: Modelling the books in wax
Articles from the press about the exhibition in Varde